Five Pieces Of Music To Transport You To Sicily – Louise Douglas.
Inspired by The House by the Sea? Here are the perfect musical accompaniments to whisk you off to Sicily and transport you into Edie’s life…
- Carmen Consoli Parole di Burro. Young Sicilian singer with a distinctive voice, strong, soulful and feisty which sums up the character of the island.
- Lou Bega, Mambo Number 5. Nothing to do with Sicily but it’s the song I play to put me in a holiday mood.
- Claudio Baglioni, E Tu. Summer evenings in a tune.
- Franco Battiato, La Cura. This singer is hugely popular in Sicily. The music is a fusion of different styles, it really grows on you!
- Pavarotti, Verdi La Traviata. I’ve heard this played so often in Sicilian restaurants that it takes me back.
If you liked these pieces of music, make sure to follow our Sicilian-inspired The House by the Sea Playlist on Spotify:
The House By The Sea is out now in ebook, audiobook and paperback. Grab your copy now by clicking on the cover below.