Award-winning global publisher, Boldwood Books, is looking for a new psychological thriller writer to join its bestselling list…
and it could be you!
Whether you are a debut author or an experienced writer we would love to hear from you.
This is a unique opportunity to work with Editorial Director Emily Ruston, who has over 15 years experience in the industry, to shape your novel and release it globally in ebook, paperback and audiobook.
To enter please send the below material to email@example.com by midnight (GMT) Sunday February 7th 2021.
1 line pitch for your psychological thriller in the body of the email
First three chapters attached to the email as a word document
If you are an established writer please include detail on your publishing history
One writer will win a minimum 1 book contract for a full-length psychological thriller (full length is defined as 70,000 words or more) with Boldwood Books Ltd.
About Boldwood Books
Boldwood is an award-winning independent, global fiction publishing house launched in February 2019, with its first titles published in August 2019. The company has published over 100 titles, signed 44 authors and sold over two million books across the world. Based on the principles of a true partnership with authors and team members it guarantees global publishing in all formats – ebook, audiobook; digital and physical, and print – on the same publication day across all English language territories. Founded by a team with over 50 years success in fiction publishing, Boldwood publish the very best in commercial fiction across crime and thriller, women’s fiction, romance, historical fiction, saga and reading group fiction. The list showcases exciting debuts alongside established bestselling authors with both frontlist and backlist.
Send a 1 line pitch for a full-length psychological thriller novel and 3 chapters to firstname.lastname@example.org
The opening date for entries is 5th January 2021. The closing date for entries is midnight 7th February 2021 GMT. No entries received after this date will be accepted.
Terms and Conditions
1. This prize draw is open to anyone over the age of 18 .
2. The winner of the competition will be selected by the Boldwood team, and notified no later than the 7th April 2021. Where we require details from you, if you do not provide these within 28 days of notification we reserve the right to select a different winner.
3. The prize is non-refundable, non-transferable and subject to availability. No guarantee is given as to the quality of the prize.
4. Any entry containing incorrect, false or unreadable information will be rejected.
5. Boldwood Books’ decision as to who has won the competition shall be final.
6. The entry instructions are part of the Terms and Conditions for this competition.
7. By entering the competition you are agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you will mean that your entry will not be valid, and you will not be allowed to enter this competition.
8. By entering this competition you are agreeing that, if you win, your name and entry may be a) used for the purpose of announcing the winner and/or distributed to individuals who request details of the winner and/or b) in any related publicity by Boldwood Books, without additional payment or permission.
9. Any personal information you give us will be used solely for this competition and will not be passed on to any other parties without your agreement.
10. Under no circumstances will Boldwood Books be responsible for any loss, damages, costs or expenses arising from or in any way connected with any errors, defects, interruptions, malfunctions or delays in the promotion of the competition or prize.
11. Boldwood Books will not be responsible unless required by law, for any loss, changes, costs or expenses, which may arise in connection with this competition and Boldwood Books can cancel or alter the competition at any stage.
12. Any dispute relating to the competition shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
13. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.